Unhandled exceptions

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:49 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM

I'm having problems if the Internet connection fails during a Dropbox operation. 

I've figured out a solution to Download -- the callback is called with the buffer having a length of 0.  This I can test for and handle.

I am still having issues catching the error during Upload or GetMetaData.  In both cases the callback is not called.

Any ideas?

Chuck

Oct 17, 2011 at 7:20 AM

Ok, I figured out the problem.

I downloaded the source code and see that when an error occurs in DropBoxyEngine, you throw an exception.  That won't work because DropBoxy makes asynchronous calls.  By the time DropBoxy has encountered an error, the calling routine has exited.  I believe that you must always call the callback routine, returning the necessary information for the caller to detect that an error occured.  For example, in UploadFile, you throw an exception if it failed, which causes my code to fail.  By changing the exception to call the callback with a status of false it now doesn't crash.

Also, in DownloadFile, it appears that you always call the callback with the RawBytes.  I have my Internet disconnected and an error never occurs.

Chuck

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for using dropboxy. I'll do update soon.I think this week.

Thanks a lot once again,

-Dima

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Chuck,

I've started work on updates for dropboxy. Will publish new release soon.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Excellent!  I look forward to the next release.

Chuck